Sausalito, California

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Camping Birthday

My son who is an avid outdoorsman has a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks.  He is actually camping this week before he starts his new job with Mountain Hardware in California.  The side step cards is a lot of fun to make and decorate and seemed perfect for this camping/hiking birthday card. 

The tent I did free-hand just making a triangle.  I cut up the middle and folded back the flap to make the opening to the tent.  I used eyelets with string to make it look like the door was tied open.   The flame is the bird punch with the word window punch for the logs.  (Better picture below) I used sizzix for the trees, the ladybug, grass and the bee.  Jolee's dimensional stickers were used for the hiking boots, hiking trail sign and canteen. I sponged the tent, sun and flame to give more dimension. Check out some pictures below for better viewing.  I hope he likes it!!! Thanks for stopping by!

Check out that flame!
Jolee's canteen

3 comments:

  1. Eric's card is fabulous! I love the tent and the fire! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute. All the elements work so well together. Eric must have loved this card especially the walking shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, so much love went into making it!

    ReplyDelete